With a proven track record since 1885 and more than 600 attorneys, Taft has offices in Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton and Delaware, Ohio; Indianapolis, Indiana; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Denver, Colorado; Covington, Kentucky and Phoenix, Arizona and Washington, D.C.
Taft practices across a wide range of industries and in nearly every area of law, including: bankruptcy and restructuring; capital markets; commercial litigation; construction; corporate governance; education; employee benefits and executive compensation; employment; energy and regulated industries; environmental; gaming; government contracts; health care and life sciences; industrial manufacturing; insurance and financial services; intellectual property; international; labor; lending and finance; media and entertainment; mergers and acquisitions; municipal public law and government relations; nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations; private equity; public affairs, public law, real estate and REITs; food & beverage and hospitality; tax; technology; venture capital; white collar criminal defense.
Since 2008, Taft has completed five successful mergers and has more than doubled its size through mergers and strong lateral hiring. Through a disciplined growth strategy, Taft has added new geographies and areas of experience to better serve its clients. This growth has strengthened Taft’s culture and core values: Midwestern work ethic, a client-first mindset, collegiality, inclusiveness, and professional excellence.
Taft's growth is also driven by adopting modern policies to attract and retain top talent to serve our clients' needs. Recent examples include:
• Instituting a one-class partnership to ensure more leadership roles and opportunities for younger and diverse attorneys.
• Offering paid benefits to support Taft attorneys, such as 16 weeks of parental leave (regardless of gender), MilkStork, and emergency childcare and parental care.
• Improving the diversity and gender composition of key committees. Taft's compensation committee, executive committee and practice group leaders are comprised of approximately 50% women partners, along with a significant number of diverse partners.
As an additional service to its clients, Taft attorneys often partner with members of its affiliated businesses to provide comprehensive client service. Taft’s wholly-owned, non-legal affiliated businesses include:
• Focused Capitol Solutions LLC (governmental relations and public policy).
• Ginovus LLC (economic development incentive packages, municipal economic development planning, and related economic development activities).
• Ingardus LLC (all areas of insurance, including transactional, regulatory, compliance, and captive insurance companies).
• Taft Business Consulting LLC (business consulting).